Sunday, January 14, 2007

back to my roots

I've been listening to loads and loads of emo stuff of recent, and although i love all this music (snow patrol, fray, perishers, lifehouse) i was missing some pace, so after a long time im back to my roots.....of the ROCK that i love so much!!! kickstarted from a friend sending me 'sway' by 'coal chamber' (the roof, the roof,the roof is on fire, we don't need no water let the motherfucker burn, burn motherfucker, BURN!!) and then forwarded by hearing a certain vocalist practise/try the lines of 'aerials' by 'system of a down' now im back on the big rock for as much time as i need to be, hehe. also I've been indulging in the old 'red hot chili peppers' albums and loads and loads of nine inch nails, also due to that song sending friend (kalhan) great music man.

besides that their was a rock competition recently and our college's band came first!! there was some story behind this i suppose but i don't know it.

the song 'just like you imagined' by 'nine inch nails' is pure genius...amazing music.

today is my mom's, and her mom's birthday :-)
also i gave an English proficiency something test. pretty bullshit thing.

lyrics from sunspots (NINails):-
...Peel off our skin we're gonna burn what we were to the ground.
fuck in the fire and we'll spread all the ashes around
I wanna kill away the rest of what's left and I do
yes i do

She turns me on
She makes me real
I have to apologize
For the way I feel....

also went to this great concert on Thursday. don't remember much about the music but the moshing was fun, really fun!! my body still aches from then. i have passes to tomorrow's atif aslam (and some other idiot) concert, hopefully it will be good :-) am shit bored right now, kalhan and visham were supposed to come for some acoustic guitar recording but the bike broke down.....fucked up. in other news, our college fest (unify) is comin up and the preparations are starting, although nobody is even ready with a theme yet. multimedia assignments are hard man, its fun but its serious hard work. the drama club 'auditions' were there today, and i don't think i can do anything but comedy, damn. lets see...

da dum dum da dum dum, writing a blog post can be so boring and 'this-is-incomplete' feeling-ish. now what else can i put in here man??? oh yeah, maybe i should mention that some of my best fucking friends aren't in the same city as me and that royally sucks.....pune friends please don't develop a complex or sumthing ;-)

ok enough banter. im done. bah.

1 comment:

lemon said...

hey..!!! jus popped in to thank you for all the song recommendations..!!!
also downloaded a few tracks by lifehouse and i completely fell in love with them..and chasing cars,kill and work are awesome..can u do me a favour..if u find anymore that u think that i'd like..can u pls tell me..thanks a bunch..! :)

am adding you to my blogroll.hope you dont mind... :)